ONE POT TURKEY CHILI
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe Note: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons oil
1 red onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 serrano peppers, minced (seeds removed for less spice)
1 cup corn
1 can black beans
1/2 cup red lentils
1 can kidney beans
28 ounce can tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Classic Ketchup
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Spicy Ketchup
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaves
- Add the ground turkey to a large pot with the oil. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes or until it starts to brown and appears mostly cooked through. A little pink is ok, but it should be mostly brown.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic and serrano peppers. Sauté an additional 5 or so minutes or until the onion begins to brown.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are completely cooked and the chili has thickened.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired. If the texture is too thick, add in another 1/2 cup of broth until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Discard the bay leaves and serve with cilantro, jalapeno, sour cream and fresh bread as desired.