CHILI LIME CREMA FISH TACOS
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1-2 pounds white fish (cod, mahi-mahi, tilapia, striped bass)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
8 small flour tortillas
Purple cabbage, shredded
Radish, thinly sliced
Jalapeño, thinly sliced
Sir Kensington’s Chile Lime Crema Everything Sauce
- Using paper towels, pat fish until dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Season fish liberally with spice mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add fish and let cook, undisturbed until well browned, approximately 3-5 minutes. Flip and repeat, letting fish cook until desired doneness.
- Transfer fish to a paper towel lined sheet pan to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Working in batches, char both sides of flour tortillas over the grates of a stove top gas burner, using tongs to flip the tortillas. Alternatively, heat a dry, small pan over medium heat and toast tortillas for about 30 seconds per side.
- To build your tacos, start with the fish and top with cabbage, radishes, jalapeños, lime juice, cilantro, and Sir Kensington’s Chile Lime Crema Everything Sauce.