SALMON QUINOA BOWL
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4 servings
Recipe Note: Dairy Free
1 cup Quinoa
2-4 Salmon filets, skin removed
2 tbsp olive oil
4-8 radishes, whole
4 eggs, medium boiled and peeled
1 cup beet juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
6 whole cloves
1 tsp whole coriander seeds
1 tsp salt
Purple daikon radish, thinly sliced
Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
Black sesame seeds, microgreens, to garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
Recommended dressing: Ranch Dressings, Everything Sauces or Flavored Mayos
- In a medium saucepan, add the vinegar, beet juice, sugar, cloves, coriander seeds and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. (Add ice cubes a few at a time to help speed up the cooling process.)
- Pour vinegar mixture over medium boiled eggs and whole radishes in a glass jar, secure the cap, and place into the refrigerator. Let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours. The longer the eggs and radishes sit, the more pickled and colored they will be.
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly under cool, running water.
- Once the quinoa is rinsed, cook quinoa according to package instructions. (Add 1 cup quinoa and 1 ¾ cup water or stock to a pot, bring to a boil, turn the heat down until the water is just simmering and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let sit for an additional 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.)
- Pat the salmon filets dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat until oil is very hot. Once hot, add salmon filets and cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes to allow for even browning. Flip the filets and continue to cook until fish reaches desired doneness. Once cooked, let the salmon rest before flaking into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, flaked salmon, sliced daikon radish, pickled radish, sliced purple cabbage and arugula and mix.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with halved pickled eggs, black sesame seeds and microgreens. Serve with your favorite Sir Kensington’s condiment (we recommend our line of Everything Sauces, Creamy Dressings or Flavored Mayos)