CHIPOTLE BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHILI WITH CHIPOTLE LIME CREMA
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Total time: 80 minutes
Recipe note: Vegetarian Friendly, Gluten Free
For Butternut Squash Chili
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
1 large red bell peppers, chopped
1 (1 1/2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 (14-ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Kosher salt, to taste
2 ripe avocados, sliced
1/2 cup roasted pepitas
For Chipotle Lime Crema
1 cup Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and butternut squash and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle pepper in adobo, paprika and cinnamon and cook additional minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and season with salt to taste. Add more chipotle peppers if desired. Cover and cook additional 25-30 minutes until butternut squash is tender.
- While chili cooks, combine Chipotle Mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, fresh cilantro and salt to taste. Set aside until ready to serve.
- When it's time to eat, divide chili among serving bowls and top with Chipotle Lime Crema, avocado and pepitas.