CHICKEN KATSU HAND ROLLS
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4-8 hand rolls
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 seedless cucumber, sliced into coins
½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
½ cup almond flour
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo
2 teaspoons sriracha
4 sheets nori
8 Bibb lettuce leaves
1 mango, julienned
- Combine water, sugar and rice vinegar in a glass bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add cucumbers to an airtight container and pour vinegar mixture over top, seal the lid and set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips. Whisk egg in a medium bowl and add almond flour to a separate shallow dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken strips in egg wash and then in almond flour mixture and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or air fry at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Combine Sir Kensington Avocado Oil Mayo with sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut nori sheets in half, and lay it horizontally in front of you. Place a teaspoon of spicy mayo on one side and layer the lettuce, mango, cucumbers and chicken on top.
- Starting at one corner, roll the entire thing together. Finish with additional spicy mayo and sesame seeds.