ITALIAN STEAK SANDWICH
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4–6 sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Recipe notes: If you’re short on time, skip the roasting of the peppers and instead buy a jar of roasted red bell peppers. Drain the peppers and use as directed.
2 red bell peppers
2 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼–½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound deli-sliced roast beef
1 loaf ciabatta, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and balck pepper
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Spicy Brown Mustard
4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
1 cup arugula
- Heat oven to broil with rack set 6 inches from heating element.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bell peppers on prepared sheet and broil until charred on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer peppers to a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Remove and discard skins and seeds, then slice peppers into strips.
- Bring broth, garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add beef, reduce heat to low, and cook just until warmed through, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the ciabatta, cut sides up, on prepared sheet. Brush cut sides of ciabatta with oil; season with salt and pepper; broil until toasted, 1–1½ minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl; brush over toasted sides of ciabatta; layer slices of provolone over top. Broil ciabatta, cheese sides up, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange peppers, arugula and steak on bottom half of ciabatta; top with remaining ciabatta half and cut into 4–6 sandwiches.