SUMMER ROLLS WITH GARLIC PESTO DIPPING SAUCE
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 8 Rolls
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Recipe Note: Vegetarian Friendly, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
For the Rolls
4 ounces Vermicelli rice noodles
1 small cucumber
1 cup shredded cabbage
8 rice paper wrappers
Handful of fresh basil
Other suggestions: bell pepper, shrimp, tofu, lettuce
For the Sauce
3/4 cup pine nuts
¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Garlic Everything Sauce
2 cups basil
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prep all the veggies. Slice the cucumber very thin and shred the cabbage.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high speed blender or food process and process until smooth, or leave a few chunks if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Transfer to a small dish.
- Add the rice paper wrappers to a large shallow bowl of water and soak one at a time for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a dry surface and pat the top of it until dry.
- Add the cooked and cooled rice noodles, cucumber, cabbage, a few pieces of fresh basil and sliced avocado to the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Roll toward the top and when you get about halfway, tuck the sides in so nothing falls out.
- When you get to the top, lightly wet your fingers to seal.