CHICKEN PESTO PASTA
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Recipe Notes: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
For the Chicken
2 large chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Ranch
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
For the Pesto Pasta
12 ounces uncooked pasta
¾ cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Garlic Everything Sauce
2 cups basil
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Optional: 2 cups fresh spinach, kale or arugula
- Whisk together the olive oil, ranch, garlic powder and pepper. Cut the chicken breasts in half, then coat in the sauce. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a skillet with a touch of oil and pan fry the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and browned on top.
- While the chicken is cooking, add all pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a touch more oil or water to thin it out as needed. You can add the fresh greens right to the pesto and blend it in, or stir it into the pasta instead.
- Combine the pesto with the cooked pasta.
- When the chicken is done, slice into strips and toss with the pasta, or serve it on the side.