LOADED SWEET POTATO NACHOS
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Recipe Note: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Friendly
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 (15 ounce) canned black beans
7 ounces or 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
½ cup grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
Sir Kensington’s Classic Ranch, for drizzling
Jalapeños for garnish- optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a baking liner and set it aside.
- Add sweet potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle in the oil. Season potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika. Use a rubber spatula to stir everything together and make sure all sweet potato chunks are coated in seasonings.
- Transfer sweet potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, take the baking sheet out but do not turn off heat.
- Transfer the roasted sweet potatoes into an oven-safe skillet or baking vessel. Add black beans evenly on top and sprinkle cheddar cheese. Place the vessel into the oven and bake again for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes on top of nachos, drizzle with Sir Kensington’s classic ranch, and top with jalapeños, if desired. Serve as is or along with chips, enjoy!