LOADED SWEET POTATO FRIES
Tuna poke nachos with @cookwithdanaa
Makes: 3-4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Recipe note: Paleo Friendly, Whole30 Friendly
2 large sweet potatoes
1 medium white sweet potato
3 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 medium yellow onion, cut into rings
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 lb. ground turkey
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons red salsa
½ cup pickled jalapeños
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Ranch
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into desired fry shape and toss in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fries are golden and crispy.
- While the fries are baking, in a medium pan on medium-low heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onions, green peppers and red peppers, stirring occasionally until caramelized and soft, about 15 minutes.
- In a skillet on medium heat add remaining olive oil and ground turkey, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, paprika and salsa combining until all of the turkey is covered. Reduce the heat to medium low and let simmer.
- Add ¼ of the fries to a large plate, top with ground turkey, caramelized onions, peppers, pickled jalapeños, and Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Ranch.
- Repeat these layers until everything is used up!