Makes: 8-10, 4-inch pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Recipe Note: Vegetarian, Dairy Free
1 cup non-dairy milk
3-4 tablespoons unsulfured molasses (depending on preference)
2 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Organic Mayo
1 large egg
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, making sure to spoon and level the flour into the measuring cup, don’t pack it in.
- Whisk together until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a large skillet with oil on medium/low heat.
- Once warm, use a ¼ or 1/3 measuring cup and scoop the batter onto the pan. Smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon to spread into an even circle.
- Cook until the top starts to form bubbles in the center and it looks a bit matte.
- Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all batter has been used. If you notice the batter getting too thick as it sits out, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk until it thins out a bit, but keep in mind thicker batter yields thicker pancakes!
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries if desired.