Serves: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Note: Vegan, Gluten Free Optional
8 ounce tempeh
½ cup BBQ sauce
2 tbsp oil
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
2-3 tbsp Sir Kensington’s Classic Vegan Mayo
¼ tsp salt
4 hamburger buns (gluten free as needed)
4 pieces Lettuce
½ cup sprouts
¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Vegan Mayo
1. Add all ingredients for the slaw to a bowl and massage with your hands to soften the cabbage. Set aside while you prep the other ingredients.
2. Slice the tempeh into strips. Start at the short end of the block, and make roughly ¼ inch slices all the way down.
3. Add the oil to a large skillet and add the tempeh. Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Toss in the BBQ sauce and simmer.
5. Assemble your sandwiches with a thin layer of Sir Kensington’s Classic Vegan Mayo, then add on the lettuce, tempeh, slaw, avocado, sprouts and enjoy!